Wednesday, October 27, 2010

milestone

Yesterday was a running milestone. I ran a 5K. Not an official 5K race, but a 5K distance nonetheless.

And I ran it in 35 minutes. Which isn't stellar - I understand that. However, had you seen me a few weeks ago trying to complete the "official" 5K you would see that I have come huge leaps from where I was.
I was proud of myself for fighting my quitting instincts and pushing through and even more proud that I could still breathe and walk when I was done.

Here is where I won't mention that this milestone was done on an indoor track and doing the same thing outside will probably not give me the same desirable effects. 

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you! I have been saying for months now that you can do it!!! You are sooooo ready for the 8K now!

    ReplyDelete